What's New in 4.0
BatchSync/InstantSync 4.0 New Features
The following shows a list of the new features, fixes, and changes
that are included in the new 4.0 release.
Release date: 4/9/2014
- Send emails securely
- New methods for sending email securely using Gmail, Yahoo,
Exchange etc. servers, that require secure connections.
- Supports SMTP connections using SSL and STARTTLS methods.
- Email templates and HTML email messages
- Software uses email template files for notification emails.
Template files define the content and formatting of the email
messages. You can edit existing templates, or create new ones.
- Send emails with beautiful formatting as HTML or using simple
- You can use the same email template for all sync tasks,
or use separate template for certain sync tasks. You can use
unlimited number of templates.
- Separate templates for text and HTML messages.
Move source files to archive folder after transfer
Sync task transfer result verification
- Task Optimizer helps you to find optimal buffer size setting
for your sync task to speed up transfers.
- Software can now connect to servers using IPv6 protocol. Internet
Protocol version 6 (IPv6) is the latest version of the Internet
Protocol (IP), the communications protocol that provides an identification
and location system for computers on networks and routes traffic
across the Internet. IPv6 was developed to deal with the long-anticipated
problem of IPv4 address exhaustion.
SFTP over SSH - Much faster transfers
- We have optimized our SFTP transfer engine to speed up file
- SFTP downloads are now much faster: Small file downloads are
up to 5x faster and medium files downloads are up to 3x faster.
- SFTP uploads are also much faster on WS_FTP and some other servers.
- You can use new Task Optimizer to further speed up transfers
(see more below).
SFTP security improvements
- Public key authentication: Define private keys at task level,
so you can use different private keys for connecting to different
- You can generate private/public key pair in Options > SSH
Security. Or you can import private keys generated on your SSH
- Software can use SFTP Host Key Fingerprint to identify SFTP
server on connects. This prevents man-in-the-middle attacks.
FTP/S server certificate validation
- New rules for validating server SSL certificate on FTP/S transfers.
- You can choose to accept certain SSL certificates based on their
SHA1- or MD5-fingerprints.
- You can choose to accept only certificates that can be fully
validated, and decide which certificate fields are used for subject
validation (Subject CN or Subject AltName fields).
- You can also accept self-signed certificates, but this is recommend
only for development and test use.
FTP and FTP/S active mode port range
- When making FTP or FTP/S connections using Active Mode (PORT),
you can define port range for data connections. This makes it
easier to configure firewalls to pass FTP and FTP/S connections.
Write sync results to Windows Event Log
- Software writes sync task results to the Windows Event Log.
- You can view events with Windows Event Viewer.
Other new options
- New Locked file handling options:
- Report locked files as an error
- Do not report locked files as an error, just skip them.
These files appear in transfer log as 'skipped'.
- New option for local read-only or hidden files: Remove these
attributes to allow overwriting on downloads.
- New option in History-pane: Auto update-check box gives possibility
to temporarily disable automatic history grid reloads.
Windows 8.x and Server 2012 and 2012 R2 compatibility
- Full support for Windows 8.x, 7, and Server 2012 R2, 2012, 2008
R2 and 2008
- Also supports older Vista, XP, and Server 2003.
- Full support for both 32-bit and 64-bit editions.
- Software is wrapped with new digital certificate.
- Software contains a protective armor shell around the program
that protects the software executable from being altered by viruses/trojans/malware.